Legal Question in Business Law in Illinois

I was issued in 4000 stock options by my previous employer, when I was terminated all 10,000 options that where issued where taken back by the company except the last 4000 shares issued in 2010. These shares vested and I exercised them. Now they are asking me to repay this money. Do I have to repay this since they where issued and vested by the company?

Asked on 4/12/12, 3:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David K. Staub Staub Anderson LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The only way anyone can advise you on this is to examine all of the relevant documents. Stock option plans and option agreements are contracts between you and your company, so the language of the documents will control.

You should consult an attorney after giving him or her a chance to review the documents and the facts.

Read more
Answered on 4/23/12, 7:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now