Legal Question in Criminal Law in Illinois

Is it illegal to buy gift cards and store credits locally and resell them online? I do my best to make sure the cards were legally obtained by the person selling them to me, but its not always possible. ANY feedback from a liable source would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in adavce

If the cards were obtained legally then they are your property to sell. If you can't warrant that you own them, that's a problem

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Illinois. Responses are based solely on Illinois law unless stated otherwise.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Illinois