Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

How to get off of ex-spouse's loans

My husband and I have been divorced since 2005. He still has me on his mortgage note and his car note. I have been having problems trying to get my own credit due to this. I've been asking him when he's going to re-finance since the divorce and he just ignores me. My question is: Is there anything I can do legally to get myself off of his mortgage and car note? Not sure if this matters, but he is in Michigan and I'm in Illinois.

Asked on 2/17/07, 11:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

A. Olusanjo Omoniyi Omoniyi Law Firm, P. C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: How to get off of ex-spouse's loans

This should have been addressed during your divorce proceeding. However, you can still do something about it by going back to court either to modify your dissolution of marriage order or filing a complaint to have your name removed from his mortgage and car notes. Also, how about writing and notifying those mortgage and car note holders? Need further assistance on the legal services on these issues? Contact my office, we have helped a host of people in similar situation. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 2/17/07, 1:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now