Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

I've been married for 4 years and 2 months now, & getting divorced. I've been working as a public employee at a municpality for the last two years. I've also worked as a public employee before that from 1-2008-12-2008 for a different municipality. Each municipality took out 10% of each check for my pension. They do not take social security out of my check, because I am a public employee. My wife has been working the whole time we've been married also, & they take out Social Security from her checks. Is she entitled to my pension money they took out? Am I entitled to the Social Security money they took out of her checks?

Jonathan Shimberg SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C.

Yes to first question. No to the second. In theory. Practically the amount is minimal and may be ignored.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois