Illinois  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/22/12, 2:45 pm

hi,this is my situation,i own a house in illinois, old but complete and in decent condition ready to move in, mi daugther needed a place where to live with her boyfriend so i let them live in the housethe house had forniture, they are not charged for anything,so they live free rent, free bills, taxes etc, i pay all bills ,on time always,for medical conditions (surgery) i stoped checking the conditions of the house for more than 1 year, and i always asked my daugther how was the house , she always claimed that the house was fine , so i believed in her,well turned out that i was driving by the neiborhood and i tought stoping in the house to check things out, and my horrible sorprise is that my house is totaly destroyed,i try to help my daughter and she and her boyfriend destroy my house,its dirty, broken windows walls no carpeting,no forniture, etc, so i got so mad at them that i requested them to fix my house and leave it, now turns out that they want me to pay for all fixes or they will sue me, , here is my question, how protected i am about this situation? i dont have any kind of writting paper or contract with them, i own the house and i try to be nice,helping my daughter, now they want to sue me, it is possible that they are protected in any kind of law in order to feel the right to sue me if i dont fix the house ? please help me out with some information and advices and thank you in advance for read this...

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search