Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Illinois

Was in emergency room for bleeding during pregnancy. I called my ob for a follow up appt to make sure pregnancy was still progressing. I was refused an appointment and told everything was fine and not to waste anyone's time. Well 8 days later I was in er again for the 3rd time for the same thing. Went and seen a different doctor for a follow up and was informed that my progesterone levels were low and that I need to take progesterone to help support my pregnancies. My baby's heart stopped beating around 8 weeks. Which was about 3 days after I was denied an appointment after my second er visit. Had they given me an appt and checked my levels the miscarriage could have been avoided. My question is, do I have a case against the doctors office who refused to give me a an appointment and told me not to waste anyone's time?

Adam Tracy Securities Compliance Group Ltd

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear about your loss. The legal issue at play here is perhaps whether or not the physician provided actual advice to you over the phone. Provided that you called the physician, explained the situation to them, and they advised that nothing was wrong when in fact it was, then you likely have a claim. I would be most interested in speaking with you regarding this; at@tracyfirm.com

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Illinois