Legal Question in Tax Law in Illinois

When a woman marries half way thru the year, can she still file separately that year ?

Asked on 7/13/11, 9:05 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sanford M. Martin Sanford M. Martin, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

For Federal 1040 Income Tax returns, in your situation she may file either as 1) married filing separately or 2) married filing jointly, but not as a single person. She should calculate the taxes for both types in order to compare tax liability.

Read more
Answered on 7/13/11, 9:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Tax and Taxation Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now