Legal Question in Family Law in Indiana

I have joint custody of my son with my ex he is the main person, well he is in the hospital for cancer treatment for at least 2 months and he cannot take care of our son. Now his family's saying that he made a verbal agreement with his sister that she has all rights to him now ( my child) they are basically saying I have no rights to him the aunt and the grandpa and the great grandma have all the rights now that the dad is in the hospital. I know its not true so what I am asking what should I do about this. They come and pick him up every three days I am being nice untill I get an answetr from a lawyer I know that they are wrong.

Jay Rigdon Rockhill Pinnick LLP

They have no legal rights. Work out a situation based upon what is best for your son, not based upon who has what rights.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Indiana