Legal Question in Business Law in Indiana

Purchase orders

My question is about receiving a purchase order. I purchased all the supplies for a job, cut out tint for the entire job even started the job only to be stopped after they approved the job by looking at another section of the building that i had done. The company gave me a purchase order and wanted it done yesterday and since they stopped me they seem be blowing me off. They have even said that i may not get paid for my material and services that I've already done. Can you give me any advise on what i can do? Thank You

C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

Re: Purchase orders

Be sure to protect your mechanics lien rights by giving proper notices and filings. Then when you sue, include a claim not only for the mechanics lien but also breach of contract, so you can collect your lost profits. The purchase order will probably serve as sufficient "writing" to support enforcement of a contract. Good luck.

More Business Law questions and answers in Indiana

Business Law Legal Forms