Legal Question in Family Law in Indiana

Fathers rights if unwed..

My son is 20 girlfriend is 17 she is due to give birth in 2 wks. Her parents have not been supportive and so (son & girlfriend) moved from indiana to nevada to live with me. They were here for 3 months , I took her to all doctor appts. purchased all baby items and now parents have come and forced her home. ny son has gone back with her because he wants to be there for the baby. parents are telling girlfriend that she has to give baby their name and now my son is afraid they are going to try and take his chid. Does he have any say at all in this matter if he has been the one supporting her from the beginning? girlfriend is on parents insurance though. Any advise would be helpful. Thank You

James Smith James E. Smith Ltd.

Re: Fathers rights if unwed..

Nowadays the natural father has the same parental rights if he is unmarried as he does if he is married. So, of course, he has rights.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Indiana