Iowa  |  DUI Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/14/12, 5:17 am

Okay so i was put on probation for a year (6 months if i could pay off all the fines) for a OWI (misdemeanor) and i violated the probation with a public intoxication. I went to jail for one night and was supposed to stay a week until the court date and i had an appointment that i had to go to and they let my mom drive me there because it is a few hours away. They said to come back or they'd put a warrant out on me. Scared as i was i decided to flee. So i packed all my belongings and left the state. They called threatening me to put me away for 6 months to a year if i didn't come back. I just ignored them. So my question is, is the warrant nationwide? Since i'm 500 hundred miles away will they come looking for me? Can i just start fresh in a new state?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search