Legal Question in Family Law in Iowa

My husband and I have been thru a lot. Both made mistakes. We are currently separated - he is living in our house because I couldn't afford it on my own so I am living with my parents. We have 2 kids (11 & 8). We agreed for the time being, to split custody one week off and on. My question is am I entitled to spousal support or what are my options for living arrangements? He seems to think I am not entitled to anything including child support. Not sure what to do because he would like to share one attorney but I'm uncomfortable with that idea.

Asked on 6/30/13, 5:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Unless there is a court order of some kind, his rights are as good as yours and you're not legally entitled to anything. Sharing one attorney would be a conflict of itnerest that few lawyers I know would care to undertake.

Read more
Answered on 6/30/13, 8:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Iowa

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now