Iowa  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/30/13, 1:45 pm

I live in Iowa and recently moved out of a rental house. Almost two months later the land lord comes to me with a bill for almost $2000. I was outraged! I knew we had sooner minor damages but the majority of things listed were already damaged before we moved in. We did a walk through when we moved in and noted everything damaged, which was a lot but nothing that made it uninhabitable, and since rentals are sparse we took it, but he never wrote any of it down and is now trying to get over on us! We never had a lease or had to pay a deposit. We lived there for over two years. I jabber two people that lived with us for the first year ready to testify about all the damages that were there, but is this enough in court to prove we don't owe this money? Please help

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search