Legal Question in Family Law in Kansas

In my divorce decree it states each parent is responsible for 1/3 of college education. My ex hasn't lived up to this agreement. If I get a judgment - how do I enforce it? He's currently unemployed and trying to start his own business. (read between the lines - I'm not getting a real job, my new wife will support me, and I'll be protected from ex trying to enforce a judgment.) Can I put a lien on this house? Car? Since the Federal Gov. consideres income from a step parent on the FASFA info - can I collect from her? What happens to property held jointly? Can I put a lien on it?

Anthony Smith LawSmith

If you sue and get a judgment against your ex husband, you can do a Hearing In Aid and seek to garnish his bank account(s) If his wife has pooled her money with his, then you can get it too. Otherwise, you will fidn it very dificult to collect from the stepmother.

Good luck

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kansas