Legal Question in Family Law in Kansas

In my divorce decree it states each parent is responsible for 1/3 of college education. My ex hasn't lived up to this agreement. If I get a judgment - how do I enforce it? He's currently unemployed and trying to start his own business. (read between the lines - I'm not getting a real job, my new wife will support me, and I'll be protected from ex trying to enforce a judgment.) Can I put a lien on this house? Car? Since the Federal Gov. consideres income from a step parent on the FASFA info - can I collect from her? What happens to property held jointly? Can I put a lien on it?

Asked on 6/09/10, 9:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you sue and get a judgment against your ex husband, you can do a Hearing In Aid and seek to garnish his bank account(s) If his wife has pooled her money with his, then you can get it too. Otherwise, you will fidn it very dificult to collect from the stepmother.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 6/09/10, 1:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kansas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now