Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Kansas

Am I entitled to copies?

This is regarding the laws in Kansas. I'm a beneficiary to a relative's Trust who died 7 months ago. The relative's brother, per the Trust as he has told me, is entitled to the interest money until he passes (he is 84). Then, I am 1 of 2 beneficiaries. I would like copies of the Trust, but attorney and brother (Executor) have shown no cooperation. Attorney won't return my calls. Brother leaving all up to attorney.

Is there a way to get a copy of Trust? I would like things to be honest and the Trust to remain as per the deceased relative's wishes. I checked with the County...nothing filed.

Asked on 9/11/06, 10:46 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Am I entitled to copies?

You may have to start to open a probate estate. That should cause the deceased brother's attorney to propound the trust to avoid trust assets from being considered part of a probate estate. Without more facts, it would be impossible to give you more specific advice.

Good Luck

Read more
Answered on 9/11/06, 6:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Kansas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now