Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Kansas

Am I entitled to copies?

This is regarding the laws in Kansas. I'm a beneficiary to a relative's Trust who died 7 months ago. The relative's brother, per the Trust as he has told me, is entitled to the interest money until he passes (he is 84). Then, I am 1 of 2 beneficiaries. I would like copies of the Trust, but attorney and brother (Executor) have shown no cooperation. Attorney won't return my calls. Brother leaving all up to attorney.

Is there a way to get a copy of Trust? I would like things to be honest and the Trust to remain as per the deceased relative's wishes. I checked with the County...nothing filed.

Anthony Smith LawSmith

Re: Am I entitled to copies?

You may have to start to open a probate estate. That should cause the deceased brother's attorney to propound the trust to avoid trust assets from being considered part of a probate estate. Without more facts, it would be impossible to give you more specific advice.

Good Luck

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Kansas