Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Kansas

My mother passed away at the end of April last year. I was driving her car under the full impression that both of our names were on the title as which was the case on everything else. She had just paid the tags and registration a week before she passed so I thought I would just take care of it this month when the renewal came up. I rec\\'d the renewel and noticed, shockingly, that my name was not on it. I am the sole person on the will, so I have paid the renewal as to not let the tags lapse but need to know what to do to right the situation ands get my name on the registration etc...<

Asked on 4/15/13, 9:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Very sorry to hear about yrou mother's passing, you have my condolences.

Unless the will has been admitted for probate, it is just a piece of paper. If you are the sole heir at law, you may be able to do a small estate affidavit in the probate Court of the County where your Mom lived. You might just have to file the appropriate forms through the Department of Motor vehicles.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 4/17/13, 10:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Kansas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now