Legal Question in Family Law in Kentucky

Can a person refuse a court ordered DNA testing if it goes against religious bel

I am a Jehovah's Witness, and i have a son. The father of my son was not around during his birth and no parental or DNA test has been performed to give him rights to my son. I have had problems with this man in the past and i have a DVO that is going to expire soon. I do not wish to pursue child support. I do not want any type of DNA testing done to prove him the father, but I'm afraid he will have it court ordered. The DNA testing goes against my religious beliefs, even if it is performed by a cheek swabbing. Since this goes against my religious beliefs, do I have the right to refuse the DNA testing even if it is court ordered?

Philip Owens Philip M. Owens, Attorney at Law

Re: Can a person refuse a court ordered DNA testing if it goes against religious

How do you prove anything. This cannot be against any creed. If you don't take the DNA-you lose.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kentucky