Louisiana  |  Aviation Law

I'm a certified airplane mechanic. I plan on building a homebuilt airplane in the future. I also might work on other people's homebuilts that someone else built. My questions are these: 1. How can I absolve my liability if they fly in their own plane after I work on it and something happens and it goes down? 2. How can I absolve myself of any liability if someone is flying with me in my homebuilt airplane and something happens and we go down and he is injured or killed? A well built homebuilt airplane is just as safe as an FAA certificated and factory built one, these questions are only worse-case scenarios. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

One other thing, is there any way to defend myself if an aircraft I work on goes down? Even a regular FAA certificated one? I was told that if they find out something I did is why it went down, it comes down on me totally. That scares me, it makes me not want to work on anything. I'll do my best, but I can't guarantee anything. I don't think its fair that we end up with the short stick because we did the work. If nobody else would do it, they should be HAPPY we do it. Not trying to sue because of a goof up. Nobody is perfect.