Louisiana  |  Construction Law

contractors lein

i did some tile work on a house. i told the home owner ,before the job was started,that i dont have that much time and i would be able to do it alittle a time.. he agreed,knowing i have a full time job else where.. i started the job..i worked on this house for 3 weekends finishing all the hard stuff.. everything i did was completed. the whole job wasnt complete.. but everything i started, i finished.. after working on the house for those 3 weekends i took a weekend off for myself.. then he calls and tells me not to worry about coming back because he is going to finish it.. well he knew the price ,per sq foot,

that we verbally agreed to.. so i tell him what he owes me and he refuses to pay me.. my bill was only for what i did and completed.. he said, since i didnt finsh the whole floor he doesnt have to pay me at all.. can i put a lein on the house??? he wont even respond to my calls..