Louisiana  |  Credit and Debt Law

What I need to do if a personal collector is threatening suit but refuses corres

I had a verbal agreement with a person who loaned my use of a credit card for purchase of appliances. Although the purchase was made by both my ex-husband and myself, when I moved out of state I took those items with me. I was delinquent on the monthly payments for three months. The person called and we set a verbal agreement for payment; again monthly payment. They then begin to call and threaten my household with phone calls stating physical repossesion and suit for theft. I have sent them a letter stating acknowledgment of the debt and partial payment for fifty dollars per money order. What are my legal rights to keep these items and pay my debt in monthly installments without constant harrasment from this person?