Louisiana  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/15/10, 8:37 am

How can a last name be changed legally for an 18 year old. The situation is that her last name is the name of her mother's ex-husband; she has always wanted her last name to be the name of her "dad"...the man who raised her from day one but is not biologically her father. The biological father is not in the picutre. She was never officially adopted, but before she graduates in May she wants to have the name change. She lives in Louisiana. What is the process, cost and time frame of having this done? Thank you-

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search