Louisiana  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/19/13, 12:07 pm

my father died in 1989. my sibling and I were under age. my father was married to my step-mother at the time of his death. the house and land that they were living in was my father's property before their marriage (separate property). the succession was never closed. does my step mother have any rights to the land? the house was destroyed by a tornado some years ago. my siblings and I are not concerned about our 1/3 of my fathers half from community property, we just want our share of the land. can we do the succession to just finalize the land? we are wanting to do this with out an attorney.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search