Louisiana  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/11/06, 9:21 pm

Religion and Child Abuse

girl age 16.parents religous & give her unreal punishments.punished 6 months unable to see/speak to anyone other than them.they hit her.ive seen marks on her.parents found out she had a girlfriend.told her very hateful things.''she's going to hell'',etc.they got their church involved.she was humiliated in front of entire church.had to see counselor who happened to be a pastor from their church.told more hateful things for being gay.punished unable to see/speak to friends & girlfriend.parents refuse to let her go to the same school where she met her girlfriend that already graduated.want her homeschooled her senior year.paid her tuition refused to bring her on first day.she cried/broke down.her windpipes closed couldnt breathe.brought to hospital.doctor said she has a lot of distress needs to be tested for manic depression and other disorders.all of the stress of this is putting a toll on her health.her godmother wants custody of her.can she?can she move out?can her parents/church be charged with anything?her b-day is in a few weeks.she'll be 17.can she do anything then?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search