Legal Question in Native American Law in Louisiana

Tribal Council Wrong Doings

My question is . What do I do when I know that some of the Indian Tribal Council are involved in wrong doings concerning the tribe? Breaking Hud Laws This is just one. There are many more. I have evidence on these things.

Please let me know.

Thank You

Asked on 9/26/97, 11:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Sargent Law Office of Andrew H. Sargent
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Tribal Council Wrongs

This is a tough issue. You are asking the very people who are wrong to fix the problem. Check your tribal consittution - see if the tribe can be sued by a member. If so you could file a suit. If they have kept their sovergn immunity then you may only be left with political action. As a general rule State courts can not interfer with internal tribal rules. Talk to an indian activist group - check at local colleges. Check on the web. You might look at the site called Indian Country. You could also check the news groups for native american groups.

Read more
9/30/97, 6:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

    A PHP Error was encountered

    Severity: Warning

    Message: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

    Filename: views/new_publicquestionview.php

    Line Number: 122

More Native American Law questions and answers in Louisiana

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88333 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now