Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

My husband's ex wife was informed (through their kids)that he would be going to afghanistan to work as a contractor with the military.He's there now and she has submitted paperwork to modify child support. What are our options?

Asked on 9/21/11, 8:03 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Mallon Law Office of Thomas K. Mallon, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I need to be clear, your huband is NOT in the miltary himself, but is working with the miltary, correct. It is a completely different answer if he is actually in the miltary.

If he is a civilian living and working outside of the United States, his ex-wife can file a complaint against him. He still needs to be served with that complaint along with the Writ of Summons and he would then have 60 days in which to provide an Answer.

Read more
Answered on 9/21/11, 8:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now