Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland


If I remarry someone that is divorced, will my salary be used to help determine his child support? Will his salary be combined with mine for my daughter's (not his child) college? If he has bad credit, will it affect my good credit? Thank you, JoAnne

Asked on 2/28/06, 12:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Remarriage

You have no obligation to support his child, and therefore your salary plays no part in the child support calculation. As far as your child's college expenses, your question was unclear. If your concern is eligibility for a loan or scholarship, that would be up to the individual college. If it has something to do with child support, that is terminated upon high school graduation or age 18.

As far as your credit is concerned, his won't directly affect yours, but obviously if you jointly apply for credit, such as a mortgage application, his bad credit might have an adverse impact on the success of the application.

Read more
Answered on 3/02/06, 3:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now