Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

I am seperating from my spouse. At what point can I drop her from my health insurance?

We have been married 3 years and I have been unfaithful during that time. Can she file for adultry and what does that entitle her to? Will I be obligated to pay alimoney? She works and has always worked during the duration of our entilre relationship and marriage.

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher

You can probably drop her from your health insurance, depending on the terms of the policy you have. However, given the likelihood that this may well end up in divorce court, you would be ill advised to do so. She can indeed charge you with adultery, and if you have any significant marital property to be divided up, a court can consider what led to the breakup in deciding how to divide up the property. As for alimony, is there is significant income disparity you could be required to pay this as well. At this point you should strive to work out a fair resolution of the financial issues to avoid the expense and risk of putting your fate in the hands of a judge. Consult an experienced family attorney for further advice.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland