Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

I am seperating from my spouse. At what point can I drop her from my health insurance?

We have been married 3 years and I have been unfaithful during that time. Can she file for adultry and what does that entitle her to? Will I be obligated to pay alimoney? She works and has always worked during the duration of our entilre relationship and marriage.

Asked on 10/15/13, 10:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can probably drop her from your health insurance, depending on the terms of the policy you have. However, given the likelihood that this may well end up in divorce court, you would be ill advised to do so. She can indeed charge you with adultery, and if you have any significant marital property to be divided up, a court can consider what led to the breakup in deciding how to divide up the property. As for alimony, is there is significant income disparity you could be required to pay this as well. At this point you should strive to work out a fair resolution of the financial issues to avoid the expense and risk of putting your fate in the hands of a judge. Consult an experienced family attorney for further advice.

Read more
Answered on 10/15/13, 10:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88693 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now