Maryland  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/19/12, 11:47 am

My sons mother and I have joint legal and physical custody - we were not married. The boys have been living with me for about 75% of this past year, yet she filed taxes and claimed one of them. I have sent my tax papers in and have claimed both of them - so I have disputed her claim and expect to hear from the IRS soon. My question is when she sees that I have also claimed them that she may seek full custody of our boys - I have been told that in Charles County, Maryland that whoever files first for custody gets the children until the court date - is this true?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search