Maryland  |  Civil Litigation

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/29/13, 8:04 pm

My son was accused of sexual harassment while in the military in March/April of 2011. The military gave him an article 15 but now, two years later, the accuser wrote an article for a military newspaper about the incident without naming him and the story she writes conflicts with the police reports. I would like to file in civil court, possibly for intention infliction of emotional distress. Is there a statute of limitations and am I allowed to file suit in civil court. The incident took place at Fort Meade in Maryland but we live in New Jersey. Must I file (if I can) in Maryland?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search