Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Maryland

a neighbors tree overhangs my property, can i trim it on my side

Asked on 9/07/12, 4:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes. But it might be wise to have a conversation with your neighbor about it first to see if it would be feasible from the standpoint of cost, safety and health of the tree to do something jointly. But if he/she won't cooperate, you have a right to protect your property by cutting back the part in your "airspace".

Read more
Answered on 9/10/12, 8:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Scott RiddleLaw Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLCAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now