Maryland  |  Workers Comp

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/05/13, 3:44 pm

I was injured on the job and followed company protocol. I fell and twisted my knee resulting in a torn ACL, meniscus. First they sent me to a Concentra medical center. Here they said I need an MRI. I went to the listed MRI center. The MRI write up showed a torn ACL/meniscus. My companies 3rd party claims company then approved me to see an orthopedic doctor who confirmed the MRI and said surgery for this injury at my age 31 and good health is a must if I want to return to my former healthy state and ability for work. My companies worker's comp was not happy and said I MUST go to see a specific doctor of their choosing before they approve surgery. Is this legal? How can they force me into seeing a doctor they choose? The reviews for this doctor all showed that he basically dismisses injuries and reports there is nothing wrong with patients. Should I get a lawyer? What does Maryland law say?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search