Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in Massachusetts

I am on Foodstamps for my 2 children from a previous marriage I am now divorced, living with my boyfriend and we have a child together. The DTA is stating that I can no longer recieve foodstamps if i dont provide them with my boyfriends income as they need to apply that to my recertification paperwork. My question is why would I have to provide his info If the 2 children Im on the program for are in no way his. He has no obligation to provide for them and I dont expect him to. What are my rights here as I prepare to file an appeal on their decission?

Jonas Jacobson Law Offices of Jonas Jacobson

The problem is that it's absurd to think that your boyfriend is living with you, but in no way providing for your children. If your boyfriend is living with you, he is a part of your household, and you ought to provide the information.

Foreclosure Attorney

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in Massachusetts