Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in Massachusetts

I am on Foodstamps for my 2 children from a previous marriage I am now divorced, living with my boyfriend and we have a child together. The DTA is stating that I can no longer recieve foodstamps if i dont provide them with my boyfriends income as they need to apply that to my recertification paperwork. My question is why would I have to provide his info If the 2 children Im on the program for are in no way his. He has no obligation to provide for them and I dont expect him to. What are my rights here as I prepare to file an appeal on their decission?

Asked on 5/05/11, 12:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonas Jacobson Law Offices of Jonas Jacobson
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The problem is that it's absurd to think that your boyfriend is living with you, but in no way providing for your children. If your boyfriend is living with you, he is a part of your household, and you ought to provide the information.

Foreclosure Attorney

Read more
Answered on 5/09/11, 1:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in Massachusetts

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now