Legal Question in Criminal Law in Massachusetts

larceny over 250 dollars

i used to work at a car dealership and i left but i used their gas slips to get gas in my car and there taking me to court .they claim that it over 250 dolars and i just recieved an arrest warant that i have to go to court for larrceny over 250 . what should i expect iam guilt ...

Joseph Murray Joseph M. Murray, Esq.

Re: larceny over 250 dollars

Retain an attorney as you should not be making any statements here, but only to your attorney.You want to minimize the chance of getting a record for a conviction of felony larceny which will jeopardize employment prospects. Good Luck!

Martha Kovner Law Offices of Martha J. Kovner

Re: larceny over 250 dollars

Larceny over $250 is a felony and if you receive a guilty finding on that charge you will have to give a dna sample along with other conditions. What can happen on your case depends upon whether or not you have a prior record and the facts of the case, I would hire an attorney who can get you the best resolution of your case. Please feel free to contact me further if you have any other questions. Martha Kovner

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Massachusetts