Massachusetts  |  Immigration Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/01/12, 10:01 am

Can a person who stayed in the U.S pass their the time on their medical visa still become a U.S. citizen?

1 Answer

Answered on: 2/01/12, 12:39 pm by Dianne Brooks

I'm not sure what you mean by a "medical visa" but any time you overstay you accumulate unlawful presence which makes you inadmissible. The only way to obtain a green card and then later naturalize in this instance is if you are petitioned by a U.S. citizen spouse or child.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

The Mandel Law Firm 370 Lexington Ave. Suite 505 New York, NY 10017

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search