Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Massachusetts

Both my grandparents have passed 10yrs appart from one an other... I lived below them for 20yrs.. always told by my grandfather the house would be mine. My father controls everything as it seems in estate and has said "I would never see the will". Advice was given to talk to my aunts and uncles. It seem both my Aunts have never see the will and my Uncle seems to believe its been changed. Is there any way to be sure a will is the will intented for those to be read, or is it possible for more than one copy to be out there?

Alexandra Golden Golden Law Center

The will is on file at the courthouse for the county where your grandparents lived. You can pull the file and review and copy the documents.

The Will has to be filed with the probate court where your grandparents lived. You can check with the Probate Court. Have the file pulled and get a copy of the Will and the documents. Once you see the documents (copies are usually a dollar a page unless you require certified copies and those are much more expensive), then you can contact an attorney to determine what your options are.

Please feel free to contact me once you get the Will and other relevant documents.

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Massachusetts