Legal Question in Criminal Law in Michigan

I just took a criminal polygraph test. the examiner said there would be a post exam interview. this never happened. What does this mean?

Christopher Brown Brown & Associates, Legal Services, PLLC

Taking a police poly is a VERY dangerous proposition. I'm assuming you don't have counsel and your test was administered pre-charge phase. In the typical situation the police will call you in for a post interview, make you believe the test is infallible (they can lie to you about the results of the test) then confront you with their suspicions, get you to make admissions to confirm their theories and strengthen their case against you. I am very familiar with police administered polygraphs (former police officer) and as a defense attorney. In very limited circumstances a polygraph test has its usefullness. In any event, if you have questions you may contact me for more information.

Disclaimer - The information you obtain from this post is not intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established

William Morrison Action Defense Center

While polygraph results are inadmissible, post exam responses are. The post exam usually follows the test and the examiner "reviews" your responses and asks you to "clear up" some of your answers which appear (to him) to be deceptive. The examiner is permitted to lie to you to get to the "real truth" and because he is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, you have an inclination to help him out.

DON'T DO IT!

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Michigan