Legal Question in Criminal Law in Michigan

Third Degree Retail Fraud

It is my first offense. I have a spottless record up until this. Im a 19 year old full time student. Im about to head home for the summer and work. I have to go to court on monday. What do I do? Just plead guilty? Will I most likely have to pay a fine? Maybe probation?

Asked on 4/24/08, 9:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Morrison Action Defense Center
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Third Degree Retail Fraud

You're eligible for treatment under HYTA which means if you do plead guilty pursuant to this act, you will serve a short period of probation and then your case will be dismissed, i.e., it doesn't count as a conviction. Fines and costs should be ~ $900

Don't plead guilty unless you have HYTA as part of your plea.

There are other alternatives, but this is the most likely.

Read more
Answered on 4/25/08, 1:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Michigan

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now