Legal Question in Criminal Law in Michigan

i've been told my recomended sentence by my probation officer for 2nd degree home invasion in michigan. for my first and only offense they are recommending 90 days in jail 2 years of probation plus restitution and fines i can deal with the probation and the fines but i just got back to work and i don't want to lose my job again in this tough economy. i asked my probation officer if she would consider trading the 90 days for more probation or more fines and restitution. she said that it was suspicous for me to find a job again so close to my sentencing after being laid off for almost a year, and that she would not negotiate or change her recomendation under any circumstances. my lawyer wasn't answering his phone all day. is there anything he can do to keep me out of jail or at least keep me working?

James Schmier Law Office of James G. Schmier, PLLC

The judge has the final say on what punishment you will face. Hopefully your attorney will do the best he can do to convince the judge to let you stay out of jail. This last monday, I had a client in Mt Clemens circuit court who the probation officer recommended 60 days in jail. After talking with the judge, I was able to convince him to reject the recommendation and only impose probation. If you need help with this, contact my office.

Daniel Hajji Daniel Hajji & Associates

did ur attorney ask for a cobbs plea? Is it available? Your sentencing is extremely important and unless ur attorney is effective, the judge may just follow the probations recommendation. Contact attorney Daniel Hajjji who handles these issues very well. 248.865.4700

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Michigan