Legal Question in Entertainment Law in Michigan

Public Showing of DVD for Charity

If I wanted to charge admission to a viewing of a DVD movie, the proceeds of which will go directly to charity, do I need permission to do so? If so, from who would I need permission?

Asked on 5/21/07, 4:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Regina Mullen Legal Data Services, PLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Public Showing of DVD for Charity

There's not a charity exception in showing DVD if you charge, but you might be able to get rights clearance for a reduced rate. Check with local counsel.

Read more
Answered on 5/23/07, 4:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Entertainment & Sport Law questions and answers in Michigan

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88433 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Entertainment & Sport Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now