Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Michigan

my boss has been cooking his books for over a year. he has been caught and is now blaming it on me. Saying I stold money. What do I do

Asked on 8/07/09, 5:43 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

James Schmier Law Office of James G. Schmier, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You probably should hire an attorney who can represent you in a court of law. Contact me if you need help with this.

Read more
Answered on 8/12/09, 8:01 pm
Brad Aldrich Aldrich Legal Services
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It really depends what your sitaution is. If he has already filed suit against you, you definitely need to hire someone to represent you. Alternatively, if these allegations are affecting, for example, whether you can get another job, there may be a claim for defamation. If you want to talk about your facts a little more and explore your options, visit, and give me a call.

Read more
Answered on 8/14/09, 9:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Michigan

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now