Legal Question in Personal Injury in Michigan

My grandson (17 years old) was a passenger in a car with one of his friends. They were hit by a car, which was determined to be the other cars fault. A few days later both the driver and my grandson developed back problems. The driver has subsequently sought medical treatment and has contacted an attorney. This happened in May 1012 in Michigan. My daughter has not taken him to the doctor nor does she want to seek legal help because she claims that: (1) Her insurance will be affected. (2) Because he has waited this long there is no point in contacting an attorney. She claims even though her son was in another car, Michigan no fault will not allow her to sue the insurance company of the other car or the insurance company of the driver of the car my grandson was in. Does she have to notify her insurance company to begin any claim?

Timothy Klisz Klisz Law Office, PLLC

Waiting may be an issue, but as a passenger in a car, he cannot be at fault, period. I would be happy to discuss this case with you or them and advise you as to the law. Please call me at (313)402-0853 to discuss. Thanks, Tim Klisz

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Michigan