Michigan  |  Personal Injury

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/10/13, 1:23 am

I was punched in the temple while sitting at my parents dining room table. My sister in law apparently was not in agreement withy comment and got in my face with her finger. Being the victim of physical and emotional abuse diagnosed with PTSD . Her finger in my face was very threatening I put my hand up to protect my face as a natural reflex and she punched me.When I stood up I was held with my hands to my side by my father. I never fought back, there was no attempt to hold the actual person who did the hitting, just me. As I was being held facing my father my brother grabbed my neck from behind. My mother screamed at him to let me go. This actually happened 16 years ago when my brother held me up against the wall while he choked me. It was not reported then, but ot was never forgotten. it is a part of why I was diagnosed with PTSD in the first place. I filed a report for the current assault, but this attack on me physically has given me more emotional problems. I am shaken and cannot sleep. It wasn't a flashback, it was reliving a traumatic experience all over again. Is there any recourse for my trauma at my brothers hands?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search