Legal Question in Personal Injury in Michigan

I was sent to Troy Beaumont Hospital per my mothers request, after arriving and being placed in the emergency room, I fell asleep. Upon waking up there were several people around me and I panicked and ran out of the emergency room. While running I was tackled by a Sterling Heights Police officer, when he tackled me my tibia and fibula were broken. Later that day my leg began to swell and I was taken to the OR for emergency surgery because the trauma from the broken leg caused compartment syndrome. I had an emergency faciotomy and a rod placed on my tibia. After being in the hospital for 5 days I was sent home with the instructions, no weight bearing and no driving. Since my discharge from the hospital I had to move home with my parents as I need constant care and cannot transport myself without assistance. I feel that the police officer that tackled me used excessive force when taking me down as I was only a threat to myself at that point. The orthopedic surgeon has stated that I must remain laying down with my leg elevated for 23hours a day prohibiting me from doing anything else. Please let me know what is necessary to proceed from here and if I even have a case against the sterling heights police. Thanks so much

Asked on 4/25/12, 10:07 pm

2 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Klisz Klisz Law Office, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You may have an excellent case. I would be happy to discuss the matter with you. Please contact me at (313)402-0853 or online at Thanks, Tim Klisz

Read more
Answered on 4/27/12, 4:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Michigan

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Personal Injury Law and Tort Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now