Legal Question in Personal Injury in Michigan

I was sent to Troy Beaumont Hospital per my mothers request, after arriving and being placed in the emergency room, I fell asleep. Upon waking up there were several people around me and I panicked and ran out of the emergency room. While running I was tackled by a Sterling Heights Police officer, when he tackled me my tibia and fibula were broken. Later that day my leg began to swell and I was taken to the OR for emergency surgery because the trauma from the broken leg caused compartment syndrome. I had an emergency faciotomy and a rod placed on my tibia. After being in the hospital for 5 days I was sent home with the instructions, no weight bearing and no driving. Since my discharge from the hospital I had to move home with my parents as I need constant care and cannot transport myself without assistance. I feel that the police officer that tackled me used excessive force when taking me down as I was only a threat to myself at that point. The orthopedic surgeon has stated that I must remain laying down with my leg elevated for 23hours a day prohibiting me from doing anything else. Please let me know what is necessary to proceed from here and if I even have a case against the sterling heights police. Thanks so much

Timothy Klisz Klisz Law Office, PLLC

You may have an excellent case. I would be happy to discuss the matter with you. Please contact me at (313)402-0853 or online at kliszlaw.com. Thanks, Tim Klisz

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Michigan