Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Michigan

My grandparents passed away in 2008, and my father was the executor of their trust. Most of the estate was settled, with the exception of their house. My father passed away in early 2013, and now the house is about to be sold. How do we determine who gets my father's share of the house money? Since he was alive after they passed, does it go to HIS estate, ie my mother? Or is there specific language we should be looking for in the trust to determine where his share goes? We all live in Michigan.

Asked on 7/01/13, 5:22 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Klisz Klisz Law Office, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, I would start with the trust itself, but likely if he survived your grandparents passing, he and therefore his estate would likely be entitled to his share. Read the trust carefully.

Read more
Answered on 7/01/13, 6:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Michigan

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now