Minnesota  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/07/06, 12:30 pm

question on a spousal loan from a student loan

my question is my girlfriend was married back in 2003 and divorced in 2003 in Minnesota. Her husband at the time filed for a spousal loan for both of them in Minnesota on their student loans. He thought combining the two would be better. He left her in 2003 and now they are divorced. its' been 3 years and the State of Minnesota wants the money. i don't mind helping her, but is there anyway she can get out of that or just pay her share or does she have to pay the whole thing. He isn't going to budge and won't pay anything at all. is she stuck on this loan with him or can she get out and pay her half. she can file a forbearance, but he has to as well. what can she do in this situation?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search