Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

Order of Protection questions

What happens if a Granted order of protection is not served to you? Such as in they can not locate you to serve you or simply havent served you the papers for your own records.

Would there be any charges against you if you moved out of area or even state before you were served? even if moving was not to avoid being served but out of need?

Asked on 10/17/07, 9:13 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gerald Williams Williams Divorce and Family Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Order of Protection questions

The main provisions of most Orders for Protection have to do with keeping one party away from the other. A move out of the area or the state is actually consistent with, and not contrary, to such a provision. Please feel free to contact me at my website to discuss this further, or directly at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 10/17/07, 10:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now