Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

My son's father and I have 50/50 and recently when my son was with his father, he witnessed them physically fighting to the point that the cops were called and charges were pressed. Since then, they have broken up and he already has another girlfriend living with him. Is there anything I can do in regards to him getting charged with damage of property - 4th degree? I don't want my son to be exposed to violence like that ever again.

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. Your post is somewhat sketchy and unclear. You state you want a man criminally charged. You may want to contact the appropriate law enforcement authority. You may want to confer privately with an attorney for legal advice as to your rights and your options. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.

Matthew Majeski Majeski Law, LLC

You could contact the authorities and see if they want to press charges, but that won't really help you with the concern with your son.

You could motion the court for parenting time assistance and seek some restrictions on his parenting time based on the violence and the revolving door of girlfriends.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota