Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in Minnesota

I'm an 18 year old male and my boyfriend is 16 years old. We live in the state of Minnesota and gay marriage is recognized here. Is it considered statutory rape if we have sex? Or is there a variance on how far apart we are in age?

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. In Minnesota, the age of consent generally is age 16 However, there are a multitude of exceptions to the general rule (for instance, vulnerability, position of authority, and more) and you should definitely seek private legal advice for your personal concern. This website provides only general information, not legal advice. In seeking an attorney: Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in Minnesota

Sexual Harassment Law Legal Forms