Legal Question in Personal Injury in Missouri

Slip and fall

I was a owner of a Duplex and resently sold the property. One of the tenates mother was living there, but the mother was not on the lease agreement. The mother stated she fell and had fracture her knee. She stated this happen sometime in August, but did not persue the matter with me to follow-up. I just today received a letter from a attorney stating that she is being represented by their firm. I no longer have insurance on the property, and she never requested me to make a claim. Do she have a claim after the fact? She has no witnesses of her falling and her daugter called me just prior to selling the duplex that she and her mother had a falling out about the situation and stated that her mother was playing a game.

Donald Herron Herron Law Firm

Re: Slip and fall

You will need to do further investigation to determine if the claim is valid or not. Even though you may not have insurance on the property now, the insurance you had at the time should cover the alleged accident. You need to contact that carrier, advise them of the claim, and tell them you suspect the claim may be questionable. Depending on the actual facts, if the statute of limitations has not expired, she may have a claim.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Missouri