Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Missouri

i got a loan about 3 months ago from a loan company i lost my job the next month i haven't been able to make my payments now they are calling me and saying they are filing charges on me. can they do that and what are the charges

Asked on 1/04/12, 2:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

agree little criminal charges for failure to pay a private debt. What they were probably referring to was a civil law suit for the outstanding debt. It might be described as a sit on account, or a suit on an account or note. You may have some defenses that you can assert. Therefore, if you get arrived with a summons and petition, you should consult directly with legal counsel in your area.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 1/04/12, 4:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now